Beyonce's mum Tina Knowles 'loses $1 million in cash and jewels as LA home is burgled'

Beyonce's mum Tina Knowles' LA home is burgled as thieves reportedly make off with a whole safe while she's out of town on Renaissance tour with her superstar daughter
Tina and daughter 


Tina Knowles' home has reportedly been burgled as $1 million in cash and jewels are stolen.

Beyonce's mum's mansion was hit by burglars who took an entire safe during the break-in, according to TMZ.

Tina was reportedly out of town during the incident and the missing vault was discovered on Wednesday morning when someone from her camp stopped by the home. It's unclear how the burglars got inside the mansion and removed the vault.

Police are now said to be looking for video of the incident and talking to Tina's neighbours but have no leads so far. The 69-year-old fashion designer and businesswoman has been travelling the world with her daughter on her Renaissance tour.

Just this morning Tina shared a video of her daughter performing in Toronto last night on Instagram and posted: "Love this Camouflage Ivy Park @ivypark fit worn last night on the Toronto Show . The n love with all of the designs! @beyonce Renasancecworld Tour!"



Tina, who is also the mother of singer Solange, told the show's host: "A lot of people don’t know that Beyoncé is my last name. It’s my maiden name. My name was Celestine Beyoncé, which at that time was not a cool thing to have that weird name. I wanted my name to be Linda Smith because those were the cool names."

It turns out that the name is one that has been with the family for a while, with Tina saying that several people have Beyonce as their last name. Tina went on to add that her brother and his children have Beyonce as their surname due to a 'clerical error'.

She said: "I think me and my brother Skip were the only two that had B-E-Y-O-N-C-E." Tina said that in the family, there are also various ways of the name is being used.



"It’s interesting - and it shows you the times - because we asked my mother when I was grown. I was like, 'Why is my brother’s name spelled B-E-Y-I-N-C-E? You know, it’s all these different spellings.'

"And my mom’s reply to me was like, 'That’s what they put on your birth certificate.'"

She continued: “So I said, ‘Well, why didn’t you argue and make them correct it?' And she said, 'I did one time. The first time, and I was told be happy that you’re getting a birth certificate because, at one time, Black people didn’t get birth certificates."

Speaking about the spellings, Tina said it "must've been horrible" for her mother to "not to even be able to have her children's names spelled correctly."

The Agency has contacted Tina's representative and LAPD for comment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True myth of Medusa: The Protective Power of the Snake–Haired Gorgon

Biography of Abraham Lincoln